The standard which was revised in 2015 and, as part of the development process, ISO conducted a continual improvement survey to develop an understanding of the needs of current, past, and potential users.
The primary purpose of this management system standard is to specify general requirements and guidelines that, when followed, would provide reasonable assurance that the outputs from a process and/or system will have no or minimal negative impact on the environment and, improves environmental performance.
In this certification course, you will learn how to implement and maintain EMS according to the ISO 14001 standard within an organization. This course explains all the clauses, the changes incorporated to the standard and outlines fundamental concepts of the standard to learners.
This course contains everything you need to know about Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and how organizations can manage Environmental Management Systems (EMS) according to the ISO 14001:2015 standard for its optimal benefit.
The course will help learners to:
1. Explain the need of Environmental Management Systems.
2. Discuss fundamental concepts and terms associated with EMS.
3. Describe the benefits of EMS to organizations.
4. Describe the benefits of EMS to stakeholders.
5. Describe the main clauses in ISO 14001:2015.
6. List and discuss the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
7. Describe the context of food organizations.
8. Explain the application of PDCA in EMS.
9. Describe the elements of EMS requirements.
10. Discuss and conduct internal audits as a way of checking the performance of EMS in an organization.
11. Discuss the involvement of Top Management in management reviews.
Benefits of the Course to Organizations:
1. Improved financial savings by the organization through loss prevention.
2. Improved ability to identify the environmental aspects and impacts, thereby reducing risk of environmental incidents.
3. Implementing systems that ponder socio-economic needs and environmental circumstances.
4. Improves efficiency of the environmental management system.
5. An in-depth knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2018.
6. Implement and sustain an environmental management system in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2018.
Who this Course is for:
• Production and Process Engineers
• Maintenance Engineers
• Anyone involved in the managing and purchasing of hazardous substances
• Managers, Supervisors, and Consultants who will be part of an Environmental Management Systems Implementation Team
• People who are involved in the implementation, maintenance or supervising of an ISO 14001.