Lean Management (also known as Lean Manufacturing, Lean Enterprise or Lean Production) is a system of management developed by the Toyota Motor Corporation being used successfully across the world in both manufacturing and service sectors including healthcare, banking, government and agriculture etc.
Lean is focused on improving processes, eliminating waste, increasing values that customer receives, and enabling organizations gain competitive advantage over their competitors. Application of Lean standardizes the workplace, creating a work environment where there is a place for everything and everything is in its place. It enhances more effective problem solving.
It is a long-term approach to work that seeks to systematically achieve incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
This online certification course is designed to expose in details some time-tested principles, tools and techniques targeted to enabling engineers, quality assurance/control professionals, business owners & leaders, supervisors and managers of all levels etc. to drastically eliminate process waste, create more values and continually improve their overall production/manufacturing, business and operational processes.
Who this course is for:
1. Quality control/Quality Assurance personnel and managers
2. Project team members, coordinators, supervisors and managers.
3. Quality management students and professionals.
4. Individuals who wish to learn or improve their knowledge of lean management.
5. Business leaders and managers, line supervisors/managers, customer service personnel and managers.
6. Engineers, manufacturing and production officers, technicians and technologists.
1. Introduction to Lean Management
2. Focus of Lean Management
3. Getting Started with the Lean Process
4. Why Use Lean
5. Cost of Quality (COQ)
6. The 8 Waste
7. Identifying and Eliminating the 8 Wastes
8. Five Lean Principles
9. PDCA Cycle
10. The A3 Approach
11. Organizational Level Process Map
12. Types and Development of Process Maps
13. Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
14. Swimlane Map
15. Process Walk (or Gemba)
16. Lean Metrics
17. Fishbone Diagram
18. Pareto Chart
19. Process Analysis
20. The 5 Whys
21. Single Piece Flow & Batch Reduction
22. Changeover Reduction
23. Work Cell Design
24. Kanban Methodology
25. Mistake Proofing
26. Visual Management and 5S
27. Kaizen Events
28. Lean and Supply chain
29. Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
30. One Piece Flow Systems
31. Error Proofing
32. Cellular Manufacturing
33. Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
34. Gemba Walk
You would be issued a printable digital certificate via mail after completing this course and scoring at least 50% in the assessment which would be sent to you via mail after completing your study.
NOTE THAT YOU HAVE A LIFETIME ACCESS TO THIS COURSE ONCE YOU ENROL!