Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) refers to written instructions that document how to perform a task. SOPs assists in maintaining consistency and quality of products or services. They can serve as tools for communicating key corporate policies, regulations of the government as well as any best practices.
Some of the benefits SOP include:
• Helpful in operations requiring strict adherence to a set of instructions to see to it that certain outcomes are attained.
• Serves as a reference to employees who are required to follow a given set of procedures, helping all the employees to stick to the right or recommended procedure.
• Assists in training new employees.
• Acts as an easily available reference source.
2. Usefulness of the Operating Manual
3. Whom is the Operating Manual Written
4. How would the Document be controlled
5. How should the SOP be written
6. Steps to writing the operating manual
7. Ideal content of an SOP
Who this course is for:
1. Quality control/Quality Assurance personnel and managers
2. Project team members, coordinators, supervisors and managers.
3. Quality management students and professionals.
4. Individuals who wish to learn or improve their knowledge of SOP development.
5. Business leaders and managers, line supervisors/managers, customer service personnel and managers.
6. Engineers, manufacturing and production officers, technicians and technologists.
You will be issued a printable digital certificate via mail after completing this course and scoring at least 70% in the assessment. The assessment would be sent to you via mail after completing your study.
Note that you have a lifetime access to this course.