Job Title – Production Supervisor
Location: Iju, Ota (Nigeria)
About the Company: Our client is the subsidiary of a conglomerate that specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of Alcoholic drink, Beverages, Liquors, Wine and Spirit products.
The Company is seeking to hire a skilled Production Supervisor that will serve in the capacity of the first line management position in the production department. S/He will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of the production team assigned to a production line, working towards the execution of the production schedule in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
The ideal candidate for this role must be experienced in scheduling production runs and skilled in people management to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Act as a first responder to production line (Glass, PET or Sachet) questions, issues and concerns.
- Provide pertinent follow up information to production managers, maintenance team and quality assurance team.
- Champion safety protocols in all activities, participating in improvements to safety standards where appropriate.
- Adhere to SOPs to elevate process control and minimize variability from operator to operator. Provide edits and improvements to SOPs, as needed.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of environment and equipment in accordance with QA/QC standards, implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Fill shifts as necessitated by vacations, staffing levels, necessary overtime.
- Ensure all equipment is operating safely, at maximum efficiency and maintained to the highest standards by supporting the maintenance department schedule. Submit work orders as necessary for equipment.
- Conduct periodic one on one meetings with Operators to establish relationship and develop individual development plans.
- Provide regular feedback on performance and conduct annual reviews for operators, in concert with the department managers.
- Coordinate and manage departmental on-boarding and training.
- Support initiatives to ensure minimal waste during manufacturing.
- Own assigned continuous improvement effort and report progress and track improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant field.
- 7 years of experience in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment preferably brewery or distillery.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct supervision of manufacturing operations team and/or engineering education and experience.
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience running a production line and implementing quality assurance schemes.
- Experience working in Glass, PET and Sachet Production Lines.
- Experience working on carbonation.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to motivate a team and to maintain positive morale in the workplace.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Physically fit and able to work in a demanding environment
- Professional brewing experience is a strong plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Display both a sense of urgency and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Strong attention to details is required.
BenefitsN220,000 - N250,000